Freedom from your past
A recap of Kaleb White’s sermon, “Freedom From Your Past,” in 140 characters or less.
- Nobody can hurt us like us. #StartOver
- The reality is we can’t go back; we have to learn to start over. #StartOver
- The temptation for all of us is to be a good person that only knows about Jesus. #StartOver
- God pulls us into what He has for us. Our role is to partner with God — forgetting what's behind and looking forward to the future He has for us. #StartOver
- Jesus tells us: "Forget everything you've known and follow me into the future." #StartOver
- We are neither disqualified or qualified to follow Jesus; we are all called by grace and Christ. #StartOver
- Christianity isn’t about the pride we feel when we get it right, but the grace that holds us together when we get it wrong. #StartOver
- No future you can create for yourself will be better than following Jesus. #StartOver
- “Follow me” — The two words Jesus used to draw Peter in are the same words He used to draw Peter back. #StartOver
- We can live with regret and become bitter. Or, we can try to #StartOver.