Pray for healing
From Teach Us To Pray: A 21-Day Prayer Guide
Often, when life doesn’t go as planned, we pull away from God, assuming He has abandoned us. But nothing could be farther from the truth.
Jesus promises never to leave us or forsake us. And Hebrews 4:16 encourages us to draw near to Him in our time of need.
So when we get an unexpected diagnosis, when loved ones are sick or injured, we turn to God, who made us and sustains us. We pray for healing and for miracles. We trust Him to work through science and the supernatural to do what only He can do.
- What has God healed you from in the past? Think about healing you’ve experienced physically or emotionally.
- How have you seen God draw near to you when you or someone you love was sick? Take a few minutes to thank Him for carrying you through that season.
- Where do you turn first when you or a loved one is sick? Where does James encourage us to go first?
- What do you do when someone you’re praying for seems to be getting worse, not better? Do you continue to pray? Why or why not?
- Is there any situation in your life where you’re struggling to trust God for healing? Be honest with Him about it. He can take it.
- Where do you need healing physically or emotionally? Draw near to the throne of grace, that you may receive mercy and find grace to help in your time of need.
- Does anyone you know need healing from an injury or illness? Ask God to heal them, but also to show you additional ways to pray for them.
- Healing doesn’t always come the way we expected. Is there any area where your prayers for healing could benefit from more listening than talking? What would it look like for His will to be done in that situation? (Matthew 6:10)