Pray for increase
From Teach Us To Pray: A 21-Day Prayer Guide
Did you know the God who created the universe cares deeply about your individual needs as well as the collective needs of our church?
Psalm 50:10 describes God as owning the cattle on a thousand hills. In other words, God owns everything. So if we need something, all we need to do is ask.
When we’re overwhelmed by the needs of people around us, we remember Jesus’ words in Matthew 9 and ask the Lord to send out workers into his harvest field. When we’re worried about money, we remember Jesus’ promise in Matthew 6 that if God clothes the grass, he will also take care of us.
God will never run out or get run down. We can’t exhaust His generosity because generous is who He is.
- Where have you seen God increase your life this year? Have you experienced growth relationally, spiritually, financially, or emotionally?
- How have you seen God fulfill a specific need?
- Where have you seen God grow our church this year? What answered prayers can you celebrate and thank God for?
- Before asking for increase in any area of life, examine you’re stewarding what you’ve already been given. Where have you been a good steward? Where does your stewardship need to be stretched?
- Are you lacking contentment in any area of life? What’s driving it?
- Is there any area of your life where you’re making your own increase? What would it look like for you to commit to trusting Him instead of trying to do things on your own?
- What are the ministry needs on your campus? Ask God to send more group leaders, Sunday volunteers, and Fuse volunteers, so more people can connect to Jesus and each other.
- What are the financial needs at your campus? Ask God to provide for that need, no matter how big or small.
Spend a few minutes listening to where God wants to increase you this year.
- Is He prompting you to serve?
- Is He prompting you to tithe regularly?
- Is He wanting to grow your group?