Pray for missions
From Teach Us To Pray: A 21-Day Prayer Guide
If we’re being honest, Jesus’ directive to go into the world and preach the Gospel to all creation can feel like the Overwhelming Commission rather than the Great Commission.
Rather than focusing on how big and complex the world is, what if we focused on being Christ’s ambassadors to our world every day? No matter how big or small our world may be, we can share the good news that Jesus’ kingdom is coming. In Him, we are saved and set free!
Wherever you live, whatever you do, you can share how Jesus changed you. When we’re all doing what we can do — when we’re sharing the Gospel with those we know and praying and supporting those who go — we begin to see the world isn’t nearly as big as it seems.
- How have you seen God work through other people to spread the good news? How did that person’s decision to live on mission affect you?
- How is the Gospel changing your family, your workplace, your neighborhood, or your school? Where are you seeing the ministry of reconciliation happening in real-time?
- Can you think of a time when you shied away from the opportunity to share who Jesus is to you?
- What stopped you? What are the fears, doubts, or other factors that stop you from sharing what God has done? Nothing you say to God is going to surprise Him or make Him stop loving you. So take a few minutes to confess any fears and ask for His forgiveness.
- Ask God where, or with whom, He wants you on mission. Where does He have you in this season of life? Where do you have influence, time, and opportunity to get to know people who don’t know Jesus?
- Ask God to continue to call people into church planting and mission work. Are any names coming to mind? Is there someone the Holy Spirit might be asking you to encourage or support financially?
- Reread today’s verses and wait for the Lord to speak to you. What role does He have for you in helping the Gospel reach the ends of the earth? (Acts 1:8)
Is a short-term mission trip in your future? Learn about NewSpring Missions and see where we’re headed this year.