Pray for your workplace or school
From Teach Us To Pray: A 21-Day Prayer Guide
God created work, and He cares about your work. Whether you work in your home, in an office, or by going to school, there’s a plan and purpose behind your work.
The people you sit next to or labor alongside, the teachers you’re assigned, the customers who walk through your doors — each will learn something about God from you because God’s Spirit lives in you.
Our faith is meant to affect every part of every day. As it does, we experience a change in our attitude toward our coworkers and the work itself. We’re no longer working for the weekend or trying to get ahead. Instead, every day becomes an opportunity to serve God and see His kingdom come.
- When the last time you thanked God for the ability to go to work or school?
- What is God showing you about yourself and about Him through this opportunity or season?
- How have you seen God show up for you this year in your workplace or classroom?
- Does your job or degree program hold an appropriate amount of value in your life? Do you find more of your identity in what you do or who God says you are?
- How’s your attitude at work/school? Would you say you’re working wholeheartedly? Would others say the same?
- Think about your interactions at work or school this week. How are you doing when it comes to speaking graciously and doing “all that you can to live in peace with everyone”?
- Is there anything you’re stressed about or anyone you’re at odds with? Ask God to equip you for any difficulties awaiting you when you get to work or school.
- What do you want to see God do in your school or workplace? Talk to Him about it.
- You may have dreams and desires for your work, but remember, God has dreams and desires for you. Take a few moments and let God speak to you about who He has called you to be in your workplace or school.