Commend God’s works to the next generation
From Prayers for the Next Generation: A 14-Day Prayer Guide
“We will not hide these truths from our children;
we will tell the next generation
about the glorious deeds of the Lord,
about his power and his mighty wonders.”
-Psalm 78:4 (NLT)
God calls all of us to tell the next generation who He is and what He’s done. When we recount God’s faithfulness, it affects everyone around us and all those to come after us.
God doesn’t want the next generation to be a stubborn and rebellious generation, but to display a faithful spirit and a heart loyal to Him. Let’s pray for boldness in our own lives, that we might set a standard our kids and their kids can build off of for generations to come.
What to Pray
- Consider what you have seen God do around you — in your family, your friends, and your school. Start today by celebrating and thanking God.
- What have you seen that can only be explained by God?
- Whose faith has impacted you? Do you have older relatives or mentors who set an example of what it looks like to recount God’s faithfulness?
- Next, take a few minutes to ask God to show you any spaces or places where you might hold back praise or hide truths about who He is.
- Talk to God about what you want to pass down to the next generation of believers.
- What do you want the kids and young adults who are coming after you to know about God and what he’s done in your life, your church, your community?
- What do you hope they will be praising God for in 20 to 30 years?
- Sit quietly and picture a community of people who are obedient, faithful, and loyal to God’s Word. What does that look like? What needs to happen for that to exist? Pray for those things.