Jesus is present when His people gather in groups
From Prayers for the Next Generation: A 14-Day Prayer Guide
“For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.”
- Matthew 18:20 (NLT)
Jesus is present wherever His people gather in groups. His Spirit and His presence are with all believers, wherever they are. Let that sink in.
We carry the power of God with us, just like Jesus did. And that’s not just true of you; it’s true of those younger than you, too. When Fuse Groups meet at Chick-fil-A and Rally Groups take over Starbucks, Jesus is there. When students gather early in the morning to pray for their school, Jesus is there.
Let’s pray that the next generation experiences more and more of Jesus’ presence as they gather in groups.
What to Pray
- Pray for the kids who are circling up in small groups each week in KidSpring. Ask Jesus to open their hearts and minds to recognize that He loves them and wants to be their friend.
- Pray for kids to take the understanding that Jesus is with them into their homes and schools. What could happen if kids learn from a young age that Jesus is with them when they gather?
- Pray for middle and high school students to know that Jesus is with them on Wednesday nights, but also when they gather in Fuse Groups or meet before school early in the morning.
- Pray for a generation who lives and operates from the knowledge that they are the church and miracles can happen anywhere.
- Pray for young adults between 18 and 25 to set a new standard for what life in the church looks like.
- Pray for them to experience Jesus’ presence in Rally Groups, in dorm rooms, and around dinner tables all over the state.
- Pray that as they get married and start families of their own that spending time with friends and family talking to Jesus and about His Word would be part of regular, everyday life.