Our stories were meant to be shared
From Prayers for the Next Generation: A 14-Day Prayer Guide
“Many Samaritans from the village believed in Jesus because the woman had said, ‘He told me everything I ever did!’” - John 4:39 (NLT)
The Samaritan woman reminds us that one person’s faith can change a school and a town (John 4). She found something special when she met Jesus, and she shared it with everyone she knew.
That’s our prayer for students at Fuse — that they would see what they have is special and share their stories schools across the state. If a whole town could be saved as the result of one woman’s faith, what might God do in our schools with the testimonies of a few?
What to Pray
- Where were you when you first heard about Jesus? Start today by thanking God for the people who shared their faith with you.
- How awesome is it that Jesus met the Samaritan woman at the well? Spend some time thanking Jesus for all the ways He meets you in your everyday.
- In verse 10, Jesus replies, “If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water.” Sometimes, we don’t ask because we forget who we’re talking to. Let’s pray for the following as people who know the living water Jesus provides:
- What do you want Jesus to give to our students as they are sharing their faith?
- What do you want to see as a result of students sharing their faith?
- What do you hope will happen in schools and communities as students share their faith?
- Like the Samaritans, at some point, you stopped believing based on what someone else said and came to know Jesus for yourself (John 4:42).
- Pray for the same to be true for students in our schools. Pray that they wouldn’t just take our word about who Jesus is, but they would know Jesus for themselves.
- Before you go, take a few minutes to reflect on your own story.
- When’s the last time you shared it with someone else?
- How can you set the example in evangelism for the students coming behind you?