Pray for children to have hope
From Prayers for the Next Generation: A 14-Day Prayer Guide
“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.”
- Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)
Watching the news or scrolling through social media, it’s tempting to believe our children’s future is bleak. But the writer of Hebrews reminds us that faith is believing for that which we don’t yet see.
We can have hope — we can have dreams, aspirations, and desires — for our kids that go beyond what we see in front of us. We can have hope for their future because God does.
Let’s pray that our kids would be filled with faith. That they would know that God sees them, loves them and has hope for their future. And as we pray for their future, may our kids grow confident that God will do good things in their lives here on Earth and forever in heaven.
What to Pray
- Think about how you can be an example of faith for the children in your life. Ask God to fill you with hope that you can share with them.
- Thank God, in advance, for the good things you are sure He will do in and through His children — bringing salvation, healing, revival, restoration, and more to the world around them.
- Ask God to help children realize they can be full of hope as they pray and talk to Him. They can remember His promises and faithfulness. And, they can obey all He tells them to do.
- If you have kids, pray for them by name. If you aren’t a parent, try praying by name for the kids in your life, whether that’s nieces and nephews or kids you know from church
- What do you want to see God do in each child’s life?
- As you pray, listen to what God says about each child. Write down what you hear God saying, and pray in agreement with Him.
- If the kids you’re praying for are your own, consider sharing your prayers with them. What an encouragement it will be to them and to you as they get older and those prayers are answered!