Pray for Gauntlet
From Prayers for the Next Generation: A 14-Day Prayer Guide
“One generation commends your works to another;
they tell of your mighty acts.
They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty...”
Gauntlet. If you’ve ever been or watched, you know this week can change the course of a young adult’s life. Students get away, hear from God, and come back changed.
We never want to take Gauntlet week for granted. Each year, there is something new to tell about, something new to celebrate. What God has done and is doing in Daytona Beach is special, so today we pray for everyone involved — from students who attend to the adults who make it possible.
What to Pray
- Consider the mighty acts we’ve seen God do at Gauntlet. Perhaps you know students or volunteers who’ve experienced salvation, freedom, or physical healing on a Gauntlet trip. Thank God for what He’s done in the past and start today meditating on His wonderful works.
- How have you seen God’s abundant goodness? How have you seen His righteousness? Start your prayer time today celebrating who God is. If you feel like singing, sing. If you feel like shouting, shout joyfully.
- Pray for those preaching throughout the week. Pray that as they speak of God’s majesty students’ hearts and minds would be opened to the good news.
- Pray for room leaders and support staff volunteers, that as students open up about their lives, our volunteers would proclaim God’s great deeds.
- Pray for students who attend Gauntlet to hear God’s voice and to grow closer to Him. Whether it’s asking Jesus into their lives for the first time or taking a step of obedience in following HIm, pray that students would encounter God in a whole new way.
- Pray that what starts at Gauntlet doesn’t stay at Gauntlet. Pray for students to share what God has done in their lives and keep the Gauntlet wave going.
- Ask God to give you a vision for what could happen when one generation commends God’s works to another. Let that picture expand your understanding of the potential that exists in the next generation.