Pray for revival in families
From Prayers for the Next Generation: A 14-Day Prayer Guide
“Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.”
-Deuteronomy 6:5-7 (NIV)
Children will have many teachers in their lives, but parents are the first and most influential teachers their kids will have. God wants more for our families than we could ever hope for.
Let’s pray for connection, reconciliation, guidance, and revival in families in our church!
What to Pray
- Think about how you have seen God move in your family. Consider the following, and thank God for what he has done within your heart and your family:
- How has putting God first changed your life?
- How has reading the Bible affected your day-to-day?
- Are there spiritual conversations you’re having as a family that you weren’t having a few weeks, months, or years ago?
- Have you ever wrestled with the commandment to love God with all your heart, soul, and strength? Be honest with God about that. He wants to hear how you really feel.
- We don’t have to be parents to pray for the families in our church. Not sure where to start? Here are a few things to pray for:
- Pray for parents who are separated or arguing to reconcile.
- Pray for parents to have the courage to teach their kids about Jesus’ love.
- Pray for wisdom in navigating all kinds of family dynamics: raising kids alone, blending two families into one, raising foster kids, and bringing adopted children home. Pray for parents in all kinds of circumstances to see God’s purpose and feel His strength.
- Pray for wisdom as parents try to raise children in a fallen world.
- Pray for spiritual revival that starts in homes.
- Ask God how you can teach and train the children in your biological family or in our church family. Take time to meditate on this. Is there an action you feel led to take?