Pray for freedom and confession of sin
From Prayers for the Next Generation: A 14-Day Prayer Guide
“The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.” - John 1:5
“‘And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.’” - John 8:32, NLT
The enemy likes to work in the darkness, in the places we try to hide from others and God. God’s light brings to light every sin so that He can make us more like Jesus.
Let’s pray that God’s light would fill every dark place in kids’, students’, and young adults’ lives. Pray that the next generation would love God and His Word so much that they can’t help but follow Him.
What to Pray
- Think about where the Lord has driven darkness and sin from your own life. Consider the following as you thank God for His truth and the freedom it leads to:
- Where has the confession of sin led to freedom?
- Where have you seen God set you, your family, or your friends free from habitual or generational sin?
- Let God’s fierce love settle over you as you remember what a gift repentance is.
- Are there any habits, temptations, or sins you’re currently ‘hiding’ from Him? Allow the Holy Spirit to show you any dark places in your life today, and confess them.
- Where do you want freedom for the next generation? Ask God for it boldly.
- Pray for God to open their eyes to sin, to protect them from the world’s influence, and to fill them with such confidence in who He is that culture cannot sway them.
- Do you have a role in bringing light to the darkness and speaking the truth? Ask God to show you what that is.
- Maybe God wants you to open your home to your kids’ friends so they can see His love. Whatever it is, be brave and follow through. You can trust God to give you what you need.