Pray for those teaching and leading the next generation
From Prayers for the Next Generation: A 14-Day Prayer Guide
“And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God’s mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike.”
Ephesians 6:19 (NLT)
We’ve often said, “The wave starts in the student section.” If you’ve been to any sporting event at any high school or college, you know the energy in the student section sets the tone for the rest of the crowd.
So let’s pray for a spiritual awakening in our students. When students hear the Gospel and take it to heart, there’s no stopping them. Let’s borrow the apostle Paul’s prayer from Ephesians and ask God to equip leaders in KidSpring, Fuse, and Rally to boldly explain the good news about Jesus.
What to Pray
- Have you personally be affected by these ministries? Start today by remembering and celebrating the impact KidSpring, Fuse, or Rally has had on you.
- Think of all the baptisms you’ve seen and stories you’ve read of students whose lives were changed as they heard the Gospel and believed.
- Celebrate those miracles and celebrate those who are partnering with God by sharing the Gospel with kids, students, and young adults. Thank God for the wisdom and sacrifice of KidSpring, Fuse, and Rally leaders all over the state.
- Have you voiced disbelief in the next generation? Be honest about that. Ask God to forgive your unbelief and give you a desire to pray for them.
- Paul asked the Ephesians to pray that God would give him the right words. Let’s pray and ask God to give our staff and volunteers the wisdom to teach the next generation God’s mysterious plan.
- Ask God to reveal Himself to the next generation and give them boldness to proclaim the Good News to their classmates.
- Before you leave this conversation, ask God how you be part of the wave. Maybe you already are, and your Dad just wants to tell you He’s proud of you.